I have listened to clients over the last several years and they all say similar things: that they get a massage once a year as a treat, or they just wanted to pamper themselves or do something nice for their birthday. However, massage therapy is NOT a luxury as so many people think.
But did you know that massage therapy is actually one of the many alternative medicine therapies out there? Many alternative medicine therapies take a while to see results, but with massage, you can see results right away and it provides physiological, psychological, and physical benefits. The medical community is now embracing many alternative medicine therapies and many hospitals, surgery centers, hospice care centers, and neonatal intensive care units are now incorporating massage therapy for their patients. This is the reason why The Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Integrative Medicine now offers massage therapy right along with acupuncture, Reiki, chiropractic care, Alternative medicine also includes things like yoga therapy, iridology, aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, Ayurvedic Medicine, Chinese (Oriental) Medicine, hydrotherapy, dance/movement therapies, Feng Shui, homeopathy, and reflexology, and the list goes on.
Terms you need to understand
Conventional medicine includes any treatments from medical doctors, doctors of osteopathic medicine, and allied health professionals such as physical therapists, registered nurses, and psychologists. The treatments of conventional medicine tend to be things like prescribed medicines and surgery.
The benefits of skilled massage therapy include:
- Boosts the immune system so you are sick less often
- Decreases the effects of stress on the body
- Increases circulation by pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
- Helps you get a good night’s sleep
- Increases your energy level and reduces fatigue
- Reduces or eliminates headaches and/or migraines
- Helps to alleviate or manage pain and discomfort
- Eases muscle soreness from working out or sports
- Speeds recovery after exercise
- Helps you to feel less stressed with a sense of wellbeing
- Improves overall concentration and mental clarity
- Can stop repetitive stress injuries in their tracks
- Improve athletic performance
- Reduces post-surgery pain
- Ease joint and arthritis pain and stiffness, reducing dependence on pain meds
- Reduce or eliminate chronic back pain
- Help to manage depression
- Reduce anxiety and improves your outlook on life
- Release endorphins – the body’s natural painkillers
If you are super stressed then getting massage at least once per month is a good start. If you have chronic pain you may want to start out with every other week and then adjust as you go along. Your massage therapist can help you come up with an effective program. Make the decision now to make a regular investment in your health, youthfulness, and well being. Massage Therapy you will find one of the best massages in the city. Our clients consistently tell us that we provide services that easily rival what is found in fancy spas and resorts.
- Swedish Massage (exquisite, powerful relaxation)
- An all deep tissue massage
- Therapeutic combination massage (skillfully combines deep tissue with relaxation massage)
- Pregnancy massage (prenatal) – Donna is a Certified Pregnancy Massage Specialist
- Hot Stone Massage and Hot Stone Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Therapeutic Foot Massage
- Tables For Two (Couple Massage)
- A First Timer Massage Session
- Home of the TWO HOUR MASSAGE SESSION
- Tween/Teen Massage Session
Perhaps the greatest reason for getting a regular massage is stress and this is the real reason I wanted to get into the massage field. Research continues to show again and again that more than 90% of all disease is stress-related. Stress affects your ability to sleep, your personal relationships, and your career. For most of my clients, eliminating pressures, anxiety, and stress in their everyday lives is probably not really an option And this is the reason that most of the massages that we offer include at least some relaxation massage techniques.